We had a very successful Health and Wellbeing week in the school last week. The children had a specific programme covering and participating in activities relating to the health of the body and the mind, including healthy eating, movement, introductions to mindfulness, yoga and self-care. Parents also were involved with a certified Paediatric First Aid course, a 5km walk, Mindfulness for parents and Encouraging Healthy Eating. The week concluded with a well-attended Coffee morning in the hall. I know that parents who took part were thrilled with the activities which were all provided free of charge for our parents. A very big thank you to South Dublin County Council who supported our endeavours with a very generous grant for the week’s activities. Thanks also to teachers, Jane and Aoife who were particularly involved and provided great support to Gemma, chief organiser of the week’s activities. Thanks Gemma for another worthwhile and well attended initiative.
Health and Wellbeing weekWritten by Colette
Latest from Colette
- Esker ETNS Garden Committee wins prestigious award
- Message from Farzana about fantastic win at South Dublin Community Endeavour awards
- President Michael D. Higgins visits our school
- President Higgins hears about the work on climate change from committee
- President Higgins opens The Book of Climate Bells