Reminder School closed all next week for midterm break, as per school calendar.
How the year has flown!
We are already heading into the second half of last term and into the beginning of summer, although you would never think it from the weather. I want to let you know some upcoming dates for our very busy final two months in this school year. Some of these will be of interest to you.
Many of our children are currently rehearsing for our upcoming performances of Mary Poppins which will take place in the first week of June. Excitement is building in the school around this great adventure for the children involved and for the rest of the school, the sudience!
Other important dates for your diary
· Art class for parents – Making props for Mary Poppins – Wed 11th at 9.30am
· Grandparents Day (8.30 – 11.00) on Thursday 12th May
· Relationships and Sexuality Parents (4th 5th and 6th ) Information evening Wednesday 18th May at 7:30pm
· New Junior Infants parents night on Tuesday 24th May at 7:30pm
· PTA book sale on Thursday 26th May
· Santry Athletics Monday 23rd Monday 30th May: Athletics team interschool competition
· Mary Poppins various performances First week in June
· Mary Poppins Gala evening performance Thursday 2nd June 7:30 pm
· Internet/mobile phone safety talk for parents on Thursday 9th June at 7.30pm
· Sports Day on 16th June
· 6th Class graduation, Thursday 23rd June
There will be further information about each of these events as the date becomes nearer. This newsletter and other information be also be available on our website, along with the option to translate everything into the language of your choice. There are many other dates, including class trips that each teacher will contact you about separately.
Attendance: The final term is very important for your children. Please make sure that they full attendance until the end of June. Formal testing takes place in June which is very important for each individual child. We also have disappointed children every year who cannot attend their 6th class graduation or their end of year class trips because the family has chosen to take early holidays. Please do not do this! More information and news over the page
Next year: Please let us know if your child will not be returning to our school next year for any reason, moving house, going abroad etc. We have waiting lists for all our classes and very anxious parents and children who want to attend our school. If you know that your child will not be back in September you must let us know immediately.
Chess team: Congratulations to our chess team who secured a great victory in an interschool completion held yesterday in Lucan East. Our team of four boys (Frank, Fade, John and Oscar) and one sole girl (Denisa) were the ultimate winners in a four school tournament against 4 teams from Lucan East Educate Together, Gaelscoil Eiscir Riada and Newbridge Educate Together. Congratulations to the team and to Tom who teaches and trains the team every Monday afternoon in the chess club and organises inter school tournaments. Well done to all involved.
Don’t forget to look out for Mary Poppins who will be popping into our school in June.